There is so much underneath the surface!
What is coaching?
- The International Coach Federation defines coaching as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential“. Accomplishment Coaching believes that the coaching partnership is a powerful tool for producing results and to support clients in transforming their lives.
How is coaching different from counselling, therapy or consulting? The International Coach Federation describes the difference as:
- What is Therapy? Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual's emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways. Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focused. While positive feelings/emotions may be a natural outcome of coaching, the primary focus is on creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in one's work or personal life. The emphasis in a coaching relationship is on action, accountability and follow through.
- What is Consulting? Individuals or organizations retain consultants for their expertise. While consulting approaches vary widely, the assumption is the consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions. With coaching, the assumption is that individuals or teams are capable of generating their own solutions, with the coach supplying supportive, discovery-based approaches and frameworks.
- What is Mentoring? A mentor is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his or her own experience. Mentoring may include advising, counselling and coaching. The coaching process does not include advising or counselling, and focuses instead on individuals or groups setting and reaching their own objectives.
- Who is life coaching for? For anyone who desires more out of life! We all have the same amount of time in a day, yet some people achieve greatness beyond measure! 'They' have simply learned to see the world through a different lens and are committed to reinventing themselves whenever they feel stuck, stagnant or bored.
- What is reinvention? Wow - sounds painful! Not really. There is a continuous process of change in the world; we can either scramble to catch up, fix what isn't wrong, or we can be courageous and lead the change. Choose courage over comfort.
- How long should coaching go for? It is up to you. Some people are lifelong learners who never want to become stagnant in their lives. Others are happy to create a once and fore-all shift in what is currently going on right now. Brisance Coaching offers four, six, nine and twelve-month coaching agreements.
- What are the fees for your coaching? Rates are not posted. The first commitment begins with a conversation. From there we can custom design a program to suit you.
- How do I schedule a conversation? Go to the schedule drop down under 'About' and choose from the categories. If a time is not posted as available, for example, for an evening group leadership workshop, or a weekend keynote speech, please contact me at the email below.